EASINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"EASINGTON, a parish in the southern division of the wapentake of HOLDERNESS, East riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Easington and Out-Newton, and containing 557 inhabitants, of which number, 488 are in the township of Easington, 6 miles E.S.E. from Patrington. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £10, and in the patronage of the Archbishop of York. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a very ancient structure in the early style of English architecture. Twenty boys and girls are instructed by means of an annuity of £10, the gift of Mr. Robert Pattinson, in 1811."
"OUT NEWTON, a township in the parish of EASINGTON, southern division of the wapentake of HOLDERNESS, East riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles E. from Patrington, containing 69 inhabitants."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]