The Ancient Parish of EASINGTON
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"EASINGTON, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Holderness; 6 miles SE. of Patrington. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a very ancient, small Gothic structure (see Churches for photograph), of which the Archbishop of York is the patron, and the Rev. George Inman, perpetual curate. Population, 488."
"DIMLINGTON, a hamlet in the parish of Easington, wapentake and liberty of Holderness; 1 mile N. of Easington, 6 miles SE. of Patrington. -Pop. included with Easington."
"OUT NEWTON, in the parish of Easington, wapentake and liberty of Holderness; 2 miles NW. of Easington, 4 miles ESE. of Patrington. Population, 69."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Transcript of the entry for Easington in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the The Post Office Directory of the, East and North Ridings, 1857
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Bulmers Directory of 1892. of the East Riding.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Easington to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TA399192 (Lat/Lon: 53.650597, 0.115184), Easington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish