HARSWELL: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"HARSWELL, a parish in the Holme-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles S.W. from Market- Weighton, containing" 78 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £4. -Slingsby, Esq. was patron in 1816. The church is dedicated to St. Peter."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]