[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"HARSWELL, a parish in the wapentake of Harthill; 4 miles WSW. of Market Weighton. The Church is a small ancient structure, dedicated to St. Peter, it is a discharged rectory, in the patronage of the Slingsby family, of which the Rev. Henry Mitton, is rector. Population 78."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Harswell.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Harswell to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE827408 (Lat/Lon: 53.856849, -0.744159), Harswell which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish