[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"SKEFFLING, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Holderness; 4 miles SE. of Patrington. The church, dedicated to St. Helen, is a small but neat building (see Churches for photograph), in the patronage of the rector of Rise, and the Rev. George Inman, A. M. is the perpetual curate. Pop. 201."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Photographs of the over 160 gravestones at Skeffling with linked surname index.
- Here is a photograph of St. Helen's Church, Humber Lane, Skeffling.
- Transcript of the entry for Skeffling in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Skeffling.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the The Post Office Directory of the, East and North Ridings, 1857
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Bulmers Directory of 1892. of the East Riding.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Skeffling to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TA372195 (Lat/Lon: 53.654006, 0.074495), Skeffling which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish