Hide

WHARRAM LE STREET: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

hide
Hide
Hide

"WHARRAM LE STREET, a parish comprising the township of Wharram le Street, in the wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 6 miles E.S.E. from New Malton, containing 127 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the court of the Dean and Chapter of York, rated in the king's books at £6, endowed with £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Lord Middleton. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]