Wharram Le Street
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"WHARRAM LE STREET, a parish in the wapentake of Buckrose; 6 miles SE. of Malton. The Church, peculiar, is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Mary, in the deanry of Buckrose. It is a small ancient structure (see Churches for photograph), of which the Rev. James Green is the vicar, and Lord Middleton the patron. Pop. 127."
"WHARRAM GRANGE, a farm house in the parish of Wharram le street, and wapentake of Buckrose; ¾ mile WSW. of Wharram le Street, 7 miles SE. of Malton."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Photographs of the over 70 gravestones and plaques at Wharram le Street with linked surname index.
- Transcript of the entry for Wharram le Street in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Wharram le Street.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Bulmers Directory of 1892. of the East Riding.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wharram Le Street to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE865661 (Lat/Lon: 54.08356, -0.679234), Wharram Le Street which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish