Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for CRATHORNE in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office, &c., Yarm, four miles distant. Letters arrive about 9-0 a.m. Wall Box adjoining the school. Collections at 5-0 p.m. in summer, and 4-30 p.m. in winter.
Miscellany of trades
- Bell Mrs. Ann
- Burton Robert, farmer and vict., Crathorne Inn
- Dalkin Miss Catherine Jane Tolson, mistress, Board school
- Dickinson Wm., farm bailiff, Crathorne grange
- Dobson Thomas, miller, Mill farm
- Dugdale James Lionel, Esq., Crathorne hall
- Harrison William, wool and cattle dealer
- Lincoln Mr. George, Old hall
- Metcalfe James, builder, grocer, and farmer
- Meynell Francis, blacksmith
- Rhymer Mr. Thomas
- Welford James, bootmaker, &c.
- Wilson Rev. James Alder, M.A., rector
- Wilson James, joiner
- Adamson Jane, Corpse house
- Brown William, Glebe
- Charlton William, High Foxton
- Dobson William, Mill farm
- Dodds John, Low Foxton
- Harrison John Martin, Mount flatts
- Harrison William, Mount flatts
- Jobling Thomas, Town end
- Smith George, Hunter banks
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.