Hide

Huntington, Yorkshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.

hide
Hide
Hide
Hide

HUNTINGTON:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

"HUNTINGTON, a parish in the wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, comprising the township of Huntington, and a portion of the townships of Earswick and Towthorpe, and containing 517 inhabitants, of which number, 346 are in the township of Huntington, which is partly within the liberty of St-PETER-OF-YORK, 3 miles N.N.E. from York. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £5, endowed with £7 per annum private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Subchanter and Vicars Choral of the Cathedral Church of York. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The parish is bounded on the west by the navigable river Foss."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]