[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"WESTERDALE, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Langbargh; 10 miles SSE. of Guisborough. The church is an ancient structure (see Churches for photograph), and the living a perpetual curacy, of which the rector of Stokesley is the patron, and the Rev. Daniel Duck, the incumbent. Population, 281."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Westerdale.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Westerdale to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NZ663060 (Lat/Lon: 54.445087, -0.979136), Westerdale which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society: