Yarm parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish and market in the west-division of Langbargh, (a small part in Allertonshire); 4 miles from Stockton (Co. Durham), 8 from Tontine Inn, 9 from Stokesley, 10 from Darlington (Co. Durham), 14 from Guisborough, 16 from Northallerton, 20 from Thirsk, 21 from Richmond, 43 from York, 242 from London. Population 1,504. The Church is a perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Mary Magdalen, in the deanery of Cleveland.
Deposited Registers (Cleveland Archives)
- Baptisms: 1649-1951
- Marriages: 1649-1964
- Burials: 1649-1907
- 1609, 1617, 1625, 1626, 1631-1634, 1636, 1661-1663, 1665-1669, 1671,1675-1677, 1681, 1689, 1692, 1694-1696, 1698-1701, 1705-1723, 1738-1749, 1751-1836, 1840-1898
- C 1751-1875;
- M 1751-1836
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1649-1837, 4 vols; Manuscript transcript, no index; Cleveland Archives
- CMB 1649-1837; Index only; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- C 1813-1841; M 1813-1837; Typed transcript, with index; Cleveland Archives
- M 1546-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
- B 1884-1996, Typed transcript for Yarm Cemetery; Cleveland Family History Society (purchase).
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.