In 1868, the parish of Templemore contained the following places:
"TEMPLEMORE, (or St. Raid), a parish in the barony of Gallen, county Mayo, province of Connaught, Ireland, 4 miles S.S.W. of Foxford, its post town. The surface consists of arable land, with some bog. The parish is traversed by the road from Foxford to Castlebar, and by the river Moy and Lough Cullen. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Achonry, value with four others £375, in the patronage of the bishop. There are two churches, a Roman Catholic chapel, and four private schools, also a police station. Limestone is quarried. The ruins of an ancient church and monastic establishment, founded by the MacJordans, and of Ballyhahan Castle, are to be seen here. Fairs are held on 31st May, 30th July, 23rd October, and 27th November.