FINGLAS, a parish, in the barony of CLONLISK, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 2¼ miles (E. S. E.) from Moneygall, on the confines of the county of Tipperary; containing 271 inhabitants. It comprises only 664 statute acres, as applottcd under the tithe act, and is a rectory, in the diocese of Killaloe, forming part of the union of Dunkerrin: the tithes amount to £50. 0. 6½.
In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Moneygall.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.