KILCLONFERT, a parish, in the barony of LOWER-PHILIPSTOWN, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (N. by W.) from Philipstown, on the road from that place to Kilbeggan; containing 1734 inhabitants. This parish comprises 5865 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £3929 per ann. Of its entire surface above 3000 acres are arable, above 2000 meadow and pasture, about 100 woodland, and 2600 bog. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Kildare; the rectory is in the patronage of the representatives of F. Trench, Esq., and the vicarage in the gift of the Crown. The tithes amount to £249. 4. 7½., of which £166. 3. 0¾. is payable to the rector, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Philipstown, and contains a chapel. About 200 children are educated in a public and 25 in a private school, and there is a Sunday school.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.