KILLENAGH, a parish, in the barony of BALLAGHKEEN, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 41/4 miles (S. by E.) from Gorey; containing 706 inhabitants.
This parish is on the eastern coast, and almost exclusively under tillage. It is a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of Ardamine: the rectory is impropriate in H. K. G. Morgan, Esq., who receives the whole of the tithes, amounting to £145. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of River-chapel, or Ballygarret. A dispensary was established here in 1829. About 30 children are educated in a private school.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Killenagh to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference T1664452236 (Lat/Lon: 52.609251, -6.278836), Killenagh which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
716644,652236and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)