KILMANNAN, or KILMANNON, a parish, in the barony of BARGY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 6 miles (s. w.) from Wexford, on the road to Bannow; containing 794 inhabitants. It comprises 3339 statute acres, and contains Sledagh, the seat of B. Wilson, Esq. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of Mulrankin; the tithes amount to £190. 0. 8. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Rathangan, and has a chapel at Claristown. There are two public schools, one attached to the R. C. chapel, in which about 140 children are educated. The tower, or belfry, of the old church is still standing, and from its large size is called the castle of Kilmannon. Here is also an ancient castle called Great Gurteen.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
Cleariestown on wikipedia
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilmannan to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S9695115340 (Lat/Lon: 52.281659, -6.580132), Kilmannan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
696951,615340and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)