The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Kilmannan contained the following places:
"KILMANNAN, a parish in the barony of Bargy, county Wexford, province of Leinster, Ireland, 6 miles S.W. of Wexford, its post town. The parish is about 2 miles square. The greater part of the surface consists of good land. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ferns, value with Mulrankin, £500, in the patronage of the bishop. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to that of Duncormick. There are remains of the old church, consisting of the bell tower, also a day-school. Sledagh is the principal residence. Great Gurteen Castle is within the limits of this parish."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018