Bethlehem, Independent Chapel, Tal-Y-Bont
Bethlehem Welsh Independent Chapel,
Bethlehem chapel built to replace Cae Gwigyn at a site less than 100 yards from the original Chapel. Initially 60 members were present. Capel Bethlehem cost £330 to build. Renovated in 1860 at a cost of over £526 - a debt which was repaid quickly as an average of £1 per annum was contributed by the members. Later a schoolhouse was added. Total capacity for the building was 320.
See Gwynedd Family History Society to obtain a copy of the memorial inscriptions.
For attendance numbers see Llanllechid Chapels.
The entry for this church on the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) website (Coflein).
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)