The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BRONGWYN, a parish in the hundred of Troedyraur, in the county of Cardigan, 2 miles to the N.W. of Newcastle Emlyn. It is situated on the N. side of the Teifi, and is intersected by a small stream which falls into that river. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the vicarage of Penbryn in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The Independents have a chapel here. The principal mansion is Abercery."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018