In 1868, the parish of Cilymaenllwyd contained the following places:
"CILYMAENLLWYD, a parish in the hundred of Derllys, in the county of Carmarthen and county Pembroke, South Wales, 7 miles N.W. of Narberth. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value with the curacy of Castle Dwyrran annexed, £240, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. There is a Roman camp, and coins of Cæsar and Domitian have been found in the neighbourhood."
"CASTLE DYRRAN, (or Casteldwyran), a hamlet in the parish of Cilymaenllwyd, hundred of Derllys, in the county of Carmarthen, South Wales, 3 miles to the N.E. of Narberth, its post town. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory of Cilymnaenllwyd, in the diocese of St. David's.