Dinas in the Parish of Llantrisant
"DINAS, a village in Llantrisaint parish, Glamorgan; 3 miles NNW of L." [From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) on Vision of Britain]
"DINAS is a township forming part of the Rhondda Urban District, and included in the ecclesiastical parish of Dinas and Penygraig, formed in 1901 out of the civil parishes of Llantrisant and Ystradyfodwg (now called Rhondda), and is 4½ miles north-west from Pontypridd and 1 from Penygraig, with a station on the Great Western railway; it is in the Miskin hundred, petty sessional division of Lower Miskin, union and county court district of Pontypridd, rural deanery of Rhondda and archdeaconry and diocese of Llandaff. The English Mission church here is an iron building with sittings for 250 persons. There are also Baptist, Calvinistic Methodist and Congregational chapels. The population of the ecclesiastical parish in 1911 was 12,457." [Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is the Dinas Mission, is in the Benefice of Dinas and Penygraig with Williamstown, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST007917.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
Dinas - on the Rhondda Cynon Taf Libraries Heritage Trail site
Transcript of name listing for Pontypridd, and district, from Commercial and Trade Directories, for the years:-
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Dinas in the Parish of Llantrisant to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Dinas in the Parish of Llantrisant has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST015916 (Lat/Lon: 51.61458, -3.424006), Dinas in the Parish of Llantrisant which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Dinas Colliery on the Welsh Coal Mines site