Miskin in the Parish of Llanwonno
"Miskin is a village approximately 2 miles (3 km) south of Llantrisant in the county borough of Rhondda Cynon Taf. ... The origin of the village was a small hamlet known as New Mill, which grew up around New Mill farm." wikipedia
"MISKIN, a hundred in the E of Glamorgan; bounded on the E by Caerphilly hundred,-on the S by Dinas Powis and Cowbridge; and containing Aberdare parish, and six other parishes. ... " [From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) on Vision of Britain]
The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is in the Benefice of Mountain Ash and Miskin, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST052982.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
Various landscapes - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Miskin in the Parish of Llanwonno to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Miskin in the Parish of Llanwonno has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Bassett of Miskin 1622, 1672-1750 "William Bassett of Miskin, Glamorgan, was second son of William Bassett of Broviskin, and fellow of All Souls College 1664. He served as sheriff of Glamorgan 1653, and is described in 1673 a 'Doctor of Civil Law'. The Miskin estate was inherited by his younger brother, Thomas Basset. Thomas's son and heir was William Bassett of Miskin (d. 1770), s.............."
- Miskin Estate 1776-78 "William Bassett of Miskin (died 1770), sheriff of Glamorgan 1734, was succeeded by his daughter, Cecil Bassett, his son William having died in 1769. Cecil married Stephen White, a Bristol merchant. ............................"
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST051982 (Lat/Lon: 51.674525, -3.373821), Miskin in the Parish of Llanwonno which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Miskin War Memorial - on the People's Collection Wales site