"LLANVAIR NANT Y GOVE (LLAN-VAIR-NANT-Y-GOV), a parish partly in the hundred of DEWISLAND, and partly in that of KEMMES, county of PEMBROKE, SOUTH WALES, 4 miles (S.) from Fishguard. This parish is pleasantly situated in the northern part of the county, on the river Gwayn, which, rising in the vicinity, falls into St. George's channel at Fishguard. The living is annexed to the rectory of Letterson, in the archdeaconry and diocese of St. David's. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is not distinguished by any important architectural details. The average annual expenditure for the support of the poor is £126.11." [From A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (S. Lewis, 1833).]
The 1851 census for this parish has been indexed by Dyfed Family History Society.
Census Returns for this parish have the following LDS Call Numbers:
- 1841 Census - 0464342
- 1851 Census - 0104238
- 1861 Census - 0543245
- 1881 Census - 1342306
- 1891 Census - 6099651
Some church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 1, South Wales. Ed. by I.G Jones, & D. Williams. UWP, Cardiff, 1976. The names are those of the informants
Parish entry for Letterston with Llanfair Nantygof from The Welsh Church Year Book, 1929 (Cd by Archive CD Books).
See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph
- Llanfairnantygof, St Mary & St Giles
Civil register (1655-8) at Cardiff Central Library with Mf copy at NLW
Parish register: Christenings (1801-1975), Marriages (1802-1969) Banns (1823-1973), Burials (1801-1975) at Pem.RO
Bishops' Transcripts, covering the period (1681, 1799, 1802-7, 1809-40, 1843-4, 1846-53, 1855-64, 1886-91) are at the National Library of Wales, and have been microfilmed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Call Number: 0105149.
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
Nonconformist Chapels: None found (but see Llanstinan for Mamre CM chapel in Trecwn)
The transcription of the section for Llanfairnantygof from The National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Llanfair-Nant-y-Gof to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Llanfair-Nant-y-Gof has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Parish map (Kain/Oliver)
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SM968327 (Lat/Lon: 51.955185, -4.958611), Llanfair-Nant-y-Gof which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Places, villages, farms etc within Llanfairnantygof parish as shown on the online parish map from the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. (Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R.). (Extracted by Peter D Hall)
- Llanfair-Nant-y-Gof ; Allt-yr-yn, Bucket, Cil-Gelynen, Cnwc-y-morfoel, Cwm Wyntyll, Gelli, Llanfair-Nant-y-Gof, Llygad y cleddau, Llys-y-defaid, Nant-gwyn, Newbridge, Pen double, Skybir Mountain, Tre-berfedd, Tre-cwn