St Ethelbert, Deane, Roman Catholic
It was founded in 1905. The current church opened on 26 September 1959.
In 1922, a new parish developed from SS. Peter and Paul's and Fr. F. Kershaw was the priest sent to foster the growth of the new parish. A new church was opened in 1925. On Fr. Kershaw's transfer to Blackley, Fr. T. McGrath came here from St. Joseph's, Bolton. A new junior and infant school have been built during his pastorate.
Taken from "Salford Diocese and its Catholic past", a survey by Charles A. Bolton, a Priest of the above Diocese. Published 1950 on the First Centenary for the Diocese of Salford.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
Copies of Original Registers
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)