Burlingham St Edmund
"BURLINGHAM (SOUTH,) or Burlingham St Edmund, is a small village and parish, 9 miles E. by S. of Norwich, containing 98 souls, and 646 acres of land, belonging to H.N. Burroughes, Esq., M.P. The Church is a rectory consolidated with that of Burlingham St. Andrew." [William White, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk (1845) - Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Blofield, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Edmund.
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's Marriage Registers.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Burlingham St Edmund to another place.
Burlingham St Edmund is in Blofield Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Blofield Hundred
- Description of Blofield Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
You can see the administrative areas in which Burlingham St Edmund has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TG372081 (Lat/Lon: 52.618618, 1.503174), Burlingham St Edmund which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)