[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"BURSTWICK, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Holderness, 3 miles SE of Hedon. The church is an ancient structure (see Churches for photograph), dedicated to All Saints, of which the Rev. Wm. Clarke, M. A. is vicar, and the executors of the Earl of Cardigan the patrons. There is in the chancel an elegant painting, representing the Sacrament of the Lord's supper. Population, with Skeckling, 436."
"NUTHILL, a farm house in the township and parish of Burstwick; 1½ miles NNW. of Burstwick, 3 miles from Hedon. 9 from Hull."
"NUTTLES HALL, a farm house in the township and parish of Burstwick; 3¼ miles NNW. of Burstwick, 4 miles from Hedon, 8 from Hull."
"RYEHILL, in the parish of Burstwick, wapentake and liberty of Holderness; 1¼ miles SSW. of Burstwick, 3 miles SE. of Hedon. Pop. 315."
"SKECKLING, in the parish of Burstwick, with which it forms the township of Burstwick cum Skeckling, in the wapentake and liberty of Holderness, 3 miles SE of Hedon. For Population, Directory and other particulars, see Burstwick.
There is no village of the name of Skeckling, it is merely the name of a parish."
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Burstwick.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Burstwick to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TA229278 (Lat/Lon: 53.73212, -0.138458), Burstwick which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The War Memorial for WWI and WWII in Burstwick Village.
- A transcription of the School Timetables, around 1902-3 in Adobe pdf format.
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish