"CLANABOROUGH, 5 miles W.N.W. of Crediton, is a small parish, containing only 69 souls, and 800 acres of land, belonging to W. and S. Wreford, J. Sillifant, Esq., and a few smaller owners. The Church (St. Petrock,) is a small antique structure, with a tower and three bells. The rectory, valued in K.B. at £5. 17s. 3½d., and in 1831 at £171, is in the patronage of the Lord Chancellor, and incumbency of the Rev. Peter Glubb, of Little Torrington. The glebe is 50A., and the tithes were commuted in 1839 for £95 per annum. Directory: Rev. H.A. Hughes, curate; Wm. Wreford, Esq., Barton; and John Gibbins and Thos. Stone, farmers." [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
A parish in North Tawton Hundred, the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple, and the Diocese of Exeter.