The Ancient Parish of MILLINGTON
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"MILLINGTON, a parish in the wapentake of Harthill, and liberty of St. Peter's; 3 miles NE. of Pocklington. The living is a discharged curacy, of which the Dean of York is patron. Pop. 282."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Photographs of over 150 gravestones and plaques at Millington church with linked surname index.
- Transcript of the entry for Millington in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Millington.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Millington to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE831517 (Lat/Lon: 53.954729, -0.735124), Millington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Photographs of over 150 gravestones and plaques at Millington church.
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish