[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"KILNWICK PERCY, a parish in the wapentake of Harthill, 1½ miles ENE. of Pocklington. This is a vicarage, of which the Rev. Charles Wolf Eyre is the incumbent, and the Dean of York the patron. Population, 43."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Kilnwick Percy.
- Here is a photograph of Kilwick Percy Hall. The present building is set in 40 acress of woodland and parkland and was built in 1786. It is now the home to the Madhyamaka Centre.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the The Post Office Directory of the, East and North Ridings, 1857
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Bulmers Directory of 1892. of the East Riding.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilnwick Percy to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE827503 (Lat/Lon: 53.942213, -0.741597), Kilnwick Percy which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish