Peskett: "St Aubyn was a proprietary chapel founded 1771, with muniments including pew lists from 1772, but no separate registers until it was created a parish in 1882". Parish Registers going back to 1595 are held in the Devon Record Office.
Transcripts of the Stoke Damerel (Devonport) Registers going back to 1596, the Morice Street Chapel Registers (indexed) going back to 1787, and (despite Peskett's comment quoted above) the Stoke Damerel (St Aubyn) Registers going back to 1595, are held in a special collection in the Westcountry Studies Library - for details see Parish Registers in the Devon & Cornwall Record Society's Collection (archived copy).
Stoke Damerel Parish Records in the Plymouth Library.
Hugh Wallis, the Stoke Damerel OPC, provides a search facility on his index of Baptisms, 1801-1814 and Burials 1813-1819 and 1823-1825.
The Devon FHS publishes indexes covering (as of June 2004): Baptisms 1813-1839, Marriages 1754-1815, Burials 1813-1837 - for details see their book list.
Other churches and chapels (with pre-1840 records):
- Roman Catholic Mission at Plymouth Dock, Devonport, then Chapel at Stoke Damerel: Registers for 1793+ (CMB), 1793+ (Confirmations) with Incumbent, 1862+ (Confirmations) at Plymouth Diocesan Archives
- Baptist Chapel, Liberty Street and Pembroke Street, Devonport: Registers for 1779-1821 (Z) in PRO RG 4/963
- Morice Square Baptist Chapel, Devonport: Registers for 1770-1837 (ZC) in PRO RG 4/960; 1781-1806 (Z) 1785-94 (C) in PRO RG 8/10
- Congregational Chapel, Morice Square, Devonport: Registers for 1781-1806 (Z), 1785-94 (C) in PRO RG 8/10
- Presbyterian/Unitarian Chapel, George Street, Devonport: Registers for 1828-35 (C) in PRO RG 4/524
- Independent/Congregational Chapel, Mount Street, Devonport: Registers for 1809-1837 (ZC), in PRO RG 4/962, 581
- Salem Independent/Congregational Chapel, Devonport: Registers for 1826-1837 (C), in PRO RG 4/525, 520; 1922-48 (C), 1923-37 (M), 1923-41 (B) at PWDRO
- Mount Zion Independent/Congregational Chapel, Ker Street, Devonport: Registers for 1824-1837 (ZC), in PRO RG 4/580
- Moravian Church, Cherry Garden Street, Devonport: Registers for 1785-1834 (ZC) in PRO RG 4/526; 1785-1914 (ZC), 1872-1904 (M) at Moravian Church House, Muswell Hill, London
- Wesleyan Chapel, Morice Street, Devonport: Registers for 1787-1837 (ZC) in PRO RG 4/864, 865; 1839-1944 (C) at PWDRO
- Wesleyan and Methodist Circuit, Devonport: Registers (copies only) for 1839-1944 (C) at PWDRO
- Bible Christian, Devonport Circuit: Registers for 1820-37 (ZC) in PRO RG 4/434
- Society of Friends, Plymouth: Registers for 1627-1793 (Z), 1663-1795 (M) 1646-1791 (B) in PRO RG 6/352, 1438, 1480
The following have been entered into the IGI (as of Jan 1993):
Parish Church (Chr 1595-1686, 1689-1801; Mar 1595-1837) Bible Christian Chapel (Chr 1820-1837),
Granby St/Mount St Chapel Independent (Chr 1809-1837),
James Street United Brethren or Moravian (Chr 1785-1787, 1804-1834),
Liberty Street and Pembroke Street Baptist (Bir 1719-1813),
Morice Street Baptist (Chr 1774-1837),
Morice Street Wesleyan (Chr 1766-1837),
Mount Zion Chapel Independent (Chr 1824-1837),
Princes Street of Church of Christ Independent (Chr 1763-1837),
Salem Chapel Morice Town Independent (Chr 1826-1837).
Chiswell, Ann. Liberty St or Pembroke St Baptist Chapel, Devonport. Devon Family Historian 23 (1982) p.15. [Surname index to births 1779-1821]
Chiswell, Ann. Cholera Deaths in Devonport in 1832. Devon Family Historian 24 (1982) p.15.
Chiswell, Ann. Odd entries in Parish Registers - Stoke Damerel, as an example. Family Tree Magazine 6, 10 (1990) p.27.
Henwood, J. Stoke Damerel Baptisms, 1811-1812, (1997) [Devon FHS Library p929.34235]
Henwood, J. Stoke Damerel Baptisms Index, 1811-1812, (1997) [Devon FHS Library p929.34235]
Henwood, J. Stoke Damerel Baptisms Index, 1808, (2002) [Devon FHS Library p929.3/BAP-Sto]
St Aubyn, W.J. The registers of Stoke Damarel church 1595-1676. Manuscript  135p. [Westcountry Studies Library - s929.3/PLY/1595]
The International Genealogical Index (I.G.I.) and Plymouth Searches. Devon Historian 24 (1982) pp.22-24.
Stoke Damerel Military Burials, 1786-1797. [Devon]: Devon Family History Society (2000).
Plymouth Marriage Index: Volume 1:, Exeter, Devon Family History Society (2001). [Includes marriages for Stoke Damerel (1837-1940), and Devonport: Holy Trinity (1902-1939), St Barnabas (1904-1967), St Boniface (1916-1980), St James the Great (1851-1941), St John (1887-1942), St Mark (1886-1968), St Mary (1852-1957), St Michael (1873-1960), St Paul (1851-1937), St Phillip, Weston Mill (1925-1964), St Stephen (1920-1941), and St Thomas, Keyham (1915-1959).]
Deanery of Three Towns - Baptisms 1813-1839, Marriages 1754-1837 and Burials 1813-1837 - CD-ROM, Exeter, Devon FHS (2004). [Index of East Stonehouse - St. George: Baptisms (1813-1840), Marriages (1697-1837), Burials (1813-1840), Pennycross - St. Pancras: Baptisms (1813-1839), Burials (1813-1837); Plymouth - Charles the Martyr: Baptisms (1813-1839), Marriages (1754-1837), Burials (1813-1837); Plymouth - St. Andrew: Baptisms (1813-1839), Marriages (1754-1837), Burials (1813-1837); St. Budeaux: Baptisms (1813-1839), Marriages (1754-1837), Burials (1813-1837); Stoke Damerel: Baptisms (1813-1839), Marriages (1754-1837), Burials (1813-1837). With photographs of the churches and extracts from White's Directory (1850) and Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of England (1844).]
Plymouth Baptisms Index (Volume 1): An index of baptisms in the parishes of Charles Church, Plymouth 1834-1962; St. Andrew, Plymouth 1835-1978; St. Budeaux 1840-1966; St. George, East Stonehouse 1863-1887 and 1941-1954; St. Pancras, Pennycross 1839-1970; Stoke Damerel 1840-1954. CD-ROM, Exeter, Devon FHS (2007). [Entries give the name of the child, the date, name of the church and either the entry number or the page number. PLEASE NOTE:- Names of the parents are not included.]