Herefordshire Towns and Parishes
|Some parishes may be noted as being "ex. par." = extra-parochial.|
" An extra-parochial area was land uninhabited in Anglo-Saxon times and outside the jurisdiction of any civil or ecclesiastical parish. No poor or church rates were paid, though tithes in theory went to the Crown. A resident could choose the nearest convenient parish for baptisms, etc."
Note: this list includes only (pre-1834) parishes.
See also Where is it in Herefordshire for a list of places in the National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland, 1868 (provided by Colin Hinson).